Thursday, July 16, 2015

Reunion

This afternoon, I agreed to sub for my friend Brittany's soccer team.

Brittany is a teammate on my Sunday team and she recently moved into an adjacent subdivision and so we have carpooled to a few games and, while I have known her for years, it's been fun getting to know her off of the soccer field.

So, when she asked me to sub because her team would be short on female players, I readily agreed.

Then she told me the team I was substituting for.

It is Colin's team.

I AM PLAYING SOCCER ON COLIN'S TEAM.

I'm not going to bail on Brittany but I am not excited about this. At all.

I hope he's not there.

I hope his wife isn't on the team.

I hope I get a good story out of this, at least.

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh man, that sucks! I hate awkward encounters like that. I've seen an ex-boyfriend on his bike in my neighborhood recently and even just seeing him rattled me a bit so I can't imagine having to play on the same team as an ex! Just keep you head held high - you are so much better than him!!

Sarah KosherLobster said...

This guy is not worth your stress. You own a home, have a kickass dog and job. You are in such a great place that he's going to know it as soon as he sees you. You have the upper hand, not him!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio