Thursday, July 02, 2015

My Favorite

At the '99 Women's World Cup, the 2010 & 2014 World Cups! 
Happy birthday to my favorite!

I have a very vague memory of the day that my little sister, Meg, was born. I remember my mom sitting outside on the picnic table, waiting for Dad to get home from work so that they could go to the hospital. I remember that my grandma stayed with me; I got stung by a wasp when we were playing in a box.

Those are my earliest memories. They are the only memories I have of a life before Meg.

Meg came home and she was instantly the star that we all revolved around. She still is. Funny and brilliant and stubborn and talented: Meg's gravity is strong. Everyone wants to be around her.

And I get to be her big sister. Aren't I lucky?

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio