Friday, June 05, 2015

Thanks/sorry

One of the smarter choices I made when I started this job (almost two years ago!) was packing my desk full of thank you cards. We interact with a lot of volunteers, generous citizens and otherwise goodhearted people and I enjoy taking a second to jot out a note to recognize the kindness and generosity of others.

Thank you notes are great but my favorite way of saying thank you is with food.

I paid some debts this week. We are on a campus with all of the other component units of the government and, occasionally, someone really steps it up and helps me out.

I delivered a pie on Tuesday morning.

I dropped off cupcakes on Wednesday.

The cupcakes went to the finance department, specifically the head of the department who is awesome and helpful and who I just happen to really like (she reminds me of my mom). I've been meaning to bake her a treat for weeks.

No, I have been meaning to bake her a treat for months.

I made these dainty, cute little white cupcakes.

She thanked me profusely.

And then told me that she's on the cabbage soup diet.
 
I need to stick to thank you notes.

1 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Aw, that is a bummer that she couldn't have one of your cupcakes! Darnit! A cabbage soup diet sounds awful - that would take some serious will power. It's the thought that counts, though, so even though she couldn't eat them I am sure it meant a lot to her!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio