Saturday, June 20, 2015

Routine

I have had Brady for almost five months and in those five months, I have not slept in. And I'm not talking about sleeping past 8:30 am on the weekend, my friends. Oh, no. This cute and furry little alarm clock gets me up at 6:10 every single morning.

It's like he doesn't even know what the weekend is.

(And, for the record: I don't need to get up anywhere close to that early to get to work on time.)

When he wakes up I imagine that it's because his stomach is growling because he wants his food immediately. He doesn't even want to be let outside first. No, it's food right away and step on it, lady.

Then we go outside to take care of business before I make coffee (or a cup of tea, I'm back to trying to cut back on the coffee) and we go back to bed.

Where he immediately falls asleep.

I most certainly do not.

So I spend the first half-hour or so of my day chilling in my bed, with my dog at my side and a cup of coffee in one hand and a book in the other.

And it's not so bad, easing into the day like that.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

A spoiled little pup. My cat is the same. Wake up and feed me, then she goes back to sleep.

JBean said...

Aww it's almost like you have a newborn! Luckily my cats enjoy sleeping in every bit as much as I do!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Your morning routine sounds really nice - assuming that you get to bed early enough to feel ok when you are woken up earlier than you'd like to get up! I have to be at work at 7 so my morning are so frantic and don't have a whole lot of down time so your morning just sounds perfect to me! But I am sure it would be nice to sleep in so hopefully Brady lets you do that eventually!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio