Saturday, May 02, 2015

And They're Off!

Today is the day, boys and girls.

After a day of flexing our betting muscles at the Oaks -- the first day of racing of Derby weekend -- Lucy and I are in our hats and our dresses and headed back to Churchill Downs.

Today is a magical day. 

Anybody going to a Derby party? Who is your money on? Do you like mint juleps? Will you have derby pie?

(Confessions: I've had derby pie but never in Louisville, I'm still deciding on my horse and I actually don't love mint juleps, though I will drink one anyway. Tradition.) 

Look for me. I'll be the pale girl next to the other pale girl, winning a minimum of $250,000.

On a $6 bet.

That's possible, right?

1 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Love your hat! I hope you girls are having the best time! I was out and about all day yesterday so didn't catch the race! I have never had a mint julep but it sounds like something I wouldn't necessarily care for - but I'd be willing it give it a try! And I've never heard of a derby pie!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio