Friday, May 01, 2015

All Grown Up

It would be inaccurate to my new identity as The Creepy Single Dog Lady if I did not acknowledge that my baby is all grown up!

And by all grown up I mean that he graduated from obedience school last weekend.

Oh, sure, it's true that the only requirement for passing the first level of obedience school is showing up. But, you guys? Brady has a mean sit. And, I might be biased, but his form on his down is textbook perfect.

I was required to take him to obedience school by the rescue that I adopted him from but I would have taken him anyway and I'm really glad that I did. He's still far from perfect but he is a lot more confident and I think that he has a better understanding of how things work between him and me.

I didn't go the pet store route for his training; I took him to an actual trainer. I paid way too much for the class but it comes with the option of retaking the entire class again, tuition-free, whenever he needs a refresher.

Which is actually when I need a refresher.

The owners are totally the ones getting trained. I was bossed around way more than Brady ever was.

And that is why I'm a little miffed that I didn't get a cap and gown, too.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

That's great! I love his little cap, and look at that tail wag! Cute :)

Sarah KosherLobster said...

Congrats, Mr. B!

JBean said...

Aww this is really cute!! He is such a sweet dog.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Aw, I love that he got to wear a little cap! What a cutie! I am sure that going to this trainer was money well spent!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio