Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sunshine

The weather here in the southeastern part of the mitten is finally decent and, my goodness, the difference it makes. I am walking around positively giddy simply because I don't need to wear my winter coat. And don't even get me started on the joy that I feel when I leave work and it isn't dark outside.

I don't know what I'm going to do when the weather really turns. I think one day I am going to be able to wear a dress without tights and I might just explode into a cloud of glitter.

Here is a positive of living in a place that features a season of shitty weather: when the weather is finally not shitty, you feel very joyful. You can't get that feeling living somewhere where the weather is beautiful year-round!

Owning a dog is easier when it's nice out. I mean, I already sort of knew that but it was very obvious last Saturday morning when Brady and I lounged on the deck. I enjoyed a cup of coffee and the book that I was finishing up (Lean In, making me officially the last human on earth to have read it) and he enjoyed the sunshine and the smell of the spring air. It was all a little perfect.

Spring, you're on my good list. 

3 comments:

JBean said...

Giddy as heck over here too! I've always wondered about that actually. If I moved somewhere with perpetual sun would I be giddy all year long?? I dk but this is why I consider moving every.single.winter.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hear you! This nice weather makes me feel like a different person. Us midwesterners really appreciate the change of season when real spring weather arrives!

I'm dreaming of wearing dresses without tights, too!!

Sabrina! said...

Still haven't read Lean In so don't feel bad!

The drawback to the year-round temperate climate (in SF, that's 55-65F), you often forget what season it is until you see stores selling seasonal clothing and decor. I do miss seasons and warm summer nights.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio