Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Spending Time

I am averaging one trip to the gym every week. I have taken exactly zero yoga classes this year despite it being a resolution.

Nothing about this arrangement is okay with me. I feel pretty awful pretty regularly.

I just don't have the time.

Not any time to spend outside of my house and away from my sweet nervous dog, anyway. 

(Things will get a little better once I get Brady all trained up and able to stay alone for, like, 60 whole minutes. We're making slow progress.)

(Things will also get a little better once I'm through an unexpected transition at work.) 

And if I feel like I don't have time to do something that I actually like and want to do, well, who knows when I will get back to eHarmonizing. Which I tried for the first time last fall and basically hated every second of while also feeling like, yeah, this is something I should be doing even though I don't want to do it.

It's like going to the dentist.

Except that you only have to go to the dentist twice a year and you have to log in a check your online dating website of choice, like, twice a day and instead of getting toothbrush at the end of an appointment you get your soul bludgeoned with stupidity.  

I wish this was easier for me.

I wish I enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh man, dating sucks. I can see why you are not making time for it right now. I want to be all positive 'rah rah' about it but I know how hard it is to keep putting yourself out there. I mean, it's worth it, but it's work. Have you tried OK Cupid? I actually had pretty good lucky with that site for the few weeks I was on it. I joined and had a profile writing party with some friends and had some good potential dates lined up - and then I randomly got set up with Phil and deactivated the account after that. But I felt like it was the best site out of what I'd tried and it was free!

JBean said...

Oh boy I feel you. I've taken an extended break from online dating Bc I just didn't have the patience for it and it didn't feel right anymore. I wish I could meet someone "IRL" but who knows I may hop back in the online pool. When things settle down and it feels right for you you'll know!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio