Thursday, March 12, 2015

Unsure, still

I wish that I had a substantial update to give you on the Alexander situation. I do not.

We have made no progress. Things between us remain much the same as they were the last time I updated: confusing. I continue to feel the same way I felt about the situation four weeks ago: like a bit of a jerk.

I am holding him at arm's length and waiting to feel sure.

Maybe that's stringing him along.

Maybe that's giving him a chance.

I am not handling this flawlessly. It's not even close. I am not perfect. I am trying to do right by him. I am trying to do right by me.

I am learning.

I am still not sure.

4 comments:

bluemoon said...

That's the best you can do. As long as he knows you're trying to figure things out and there's no guarantees, you're obligated to nothing more than doing just that. He's a grown man, and if he was unhappy he could walk away.

Good luck figuring things out, and don't worry about handling things flawlessly...no one ever does! :)

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hope you get a strong sense about how to proceed soon as it's tough to be in limbo!!

Jess said...

Agreed that you certainly don't need to worry about handling things flawlessly. I think the best thing you can do is just be honest with him. You don't need to have it all figured out right away!

JBean said...

This is the only way to go - you're not obligated to do anything more than what you're feeling. That's dating. He can take it or leave it. These things can't be rushed. I think you'll soon know though Bc limbo usually doesn't last forever :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio