Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Taking a Breath

My hockey season ended last week. My soccer season ended the week before. I am relieved. It was too much.

I like being busy but I increasingly dislike feeling scheduled. It's one thing to rush from work to the gym to drinks with a friend, it's another thing to the 8:00 pm soccer game that comes after a hard workday and know you're only attending because you committed to show up.

It's time that I dial back on the commitments.

And it feels so weird for me to type that. It's very unlike me. My entire adult life I've been on two soccer teams and taken a class at night and babysat for Lucy's kids one morning before work and taught skating on the side in addition to working 40 hours a week. Or something insane like that. I've always kept a stupidly busy, stupidly scheduled schedule. I never left much room to breathe.

Maybe it's because I'm in my 30s. Maybe I'm just worn out. But I need to slow down. I need to take a breath.

(And spend more time with my fur baby because I'm pretty obsessed with him, I'm not gonna lie.)


2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

The older I get, the less plans I can handle. I used to have stuff going on 3-4 nights a week plus I had fun weekends but now I have really dialed back my commitments - especially on week nights. I also value working out more now than I did in my 20s and it's just so hard to fit in workouts if I have too many week night commitments... and getting up at 4:45 to work out before work is just not optimal, or possible all that often (unless I want to be a zombie, which I don't).

bluemoon said...

Nothing wrong with slowing things down a little and enjoying it. I have no doubt your new doggy is quite happy with the shift! :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio