Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Slightly impulsive

Yesterday, after thinking it over a good two weeks, I applied for a job that I probably shouldn't have applied for.

Getting that job would turn my life upside down. Hell, merely being interviewed for that job would cause significant drama. It would be a hard choice. It could be a huge mistake. And yet, I applied anyway. Because I kept thinking about it. Because it is potentially a very good opportunity. Because I'm not going to have the luxury of choice if I don't have the courage to try.

I doubt anything will come of it. But it doesn't hurt to find out.

Applying for the job felt a little bit like I was standing in front of my life with a lit match in my hand.

I threw it in. We'll have to wait and see if it catches fire.

2 comments:

JBean said...

This is so mysterious and exciting! I have been thinking about doing some wildly impulsive things to change up my daily life but haven't lit the match like you. So can I live vicariously through you for awhile?!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It's good to put yourself out there like that. You can always say no if you do get an offer... and it's always good to have options! :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio