Friday, March 06, 2015

Blogging about Blogging

I am, like, the worst blogger lately. By lately I mean probably the last six months. Maybe longer? I might just be overthinking the whole blogging process but it really feels like I am all over the place.

That being said, I am far from an expert in anything -- including my own life -- so we're probably all better off that I am content to blog about my dog/knee/dreams/job/family/soccer/thoughts/handbags/feelings/books/baking/fears/addictions/coffee/quirks/favorites instead of just one subject.

Actually, that's probably why I've been able to keep blogging for as long as I have: because I haven't tied myself down to a single topic. It's probably also why I have a pretty modest readership.  

Something that I am very okay with, I should add. I am not looking to turn my blog into my full time job. I like things the way they are.

(But that does remind me to remind you to add your name to my fancy mailing list. As a result of what happened at Thanksgiving, I am going to be making some changes. Eventually. If I can ever find two free hours to string together. So maybe in November?)

Which leads me to the whole point of this post.

One of my many weaknesses as a blogger is that sometimes I leave you hanging. I am not always the best at following up on something/someone that I wrote about. Occasionally, I get a "hello! Update on [whatever], please!" email, and I try to wrap things up accordingly. But unless you guys call me out on it, I'm more likely to just move on to whatever is next.

So tell me this: is there anything you'd like me to follow up on? Where did I leave you hanging? I want to know. Now is your time.

6 comments:

Jess said...

I must admit, I was curious about the Coach. I know you ended things when he didn't take the local job, but did you just cut him out completely/did you ever hear from him?

A said...

I was mostly a wreck about The Coach so, yep, I definitely dropped that subject.

It was the springtime when he didn't take that job and I finally read the writing on the wall. I heard from him a lot through the summer. It wasn't until the fall, when I got smart enough to block his/his team's updates on social media that I really stepped back from the situation. Until then, when I was getting these constant reminders -- I was still way too invested. He still reaches out every once and a while even now but there's nothing attached to it. I wish him well but I finally know better.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Unless I missed it, I think you left us hanging on what's going on with your Valentine...

I think that you are doing blogging right. Or at least you are approaching it like I do. My blog is an amalgamation of a whole lot of random things that are going on in my life. I probably should post more posts with 'substance' but lately the thing I could write about the most (my displeasure/discomfort with my job) is something I feel I can't write about because you never know who might read it and I'd hate to have a coworker or boss find it...

A said...

Ah, yes. Alexander. I'll write a full post on him early next week. It's, um, complicated. I'm definitely still not 100% on board.

Jess said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! I was in a similar situation for years and it so hard to let go, but totally worth it (as you know!!)

Gloria Johnson said...

A, I like everything you blog about. It is your blog after all. I love seeing your fashions, hearing about the family and cousins, your job, travel, etc. Of course what we all love to hear about is your dates and romance because we all want you to find Mr. Right, get married and have babies. Just sometimes you have to meet a lot of Mr. Wrongs so you can recognize that Mr. Right when he shows up. All the best to you.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio