Thursday, February 26, 2015

Juvenile

A few weeks ago, I was mindlessly scrolling through F'book while sitting on hold at work.

One of my F'book friends, a babysitter Meg and I had as a kid who still lives nearby, posted something about her recent knee surgery. And, just as I was scrolling through, my dad's mistress made a comment on it.

(Back story for those of you who weren't reading in 2010: my dad had an affair. I was the one who figured it out. It was awful.)

I didn't know that I even remembered her name but I remembered her name. It stood out immediately. As did several expletives. 

I texted my sister, Meg, to tell her about the coincidence and to suggest that maybe I would write my own comment. Just, you know, so she knows that we still exist. Just because I could.

Meg's response was a very simple "why not?" It was all the encouragement I needed.

I was shaking with laughter as I posted "Small world! I know Mistress, too! ;)" and, shortly thereafter, Meg did the same.

Mistress had our babysitter delete both comments.

Meg and I later confessed to our mom. She laughed. And apparently told my dad about it.

Normally, I'm all about being the bigger person. But this was pretty harmless. And sometimes it feels good to be a dick.

4 comments:

mrh said...

Seems like an appropriate little dig!

Ashlee said...

I. Love. This. I'm so glad you all could have a laugh about it and make her feel uncomfortable. Win for your family!

Sarah KosherLobster said...

Definite win for your family.

PS- I also was the one who figured out that my step-father was having an affair with my mother. So twins???? :/

A said...

Not our classiest moment but, you know, these things happen.

Sarah: yikes. It's not something I wish on anyone.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio