Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Birthday Boy

Lucy's oldest son, Baby A, turns three today.

I cannot believe that it has been three years since Lucy's husband called me to tell me that they were at the hospital. Three years since I left work in a rush to wait out the little guy's arrival. He's not even my kid but somehow that curly-haired wonderboy turned up the speed on my life, too.

I love it. I love everything about it. Even the parts that make me feel old. Even the parts that make me feel inadequate and incomplete. Even the parts that involve copious amounts of sand in my bra

All along, I knew that I would love being an auntie but I had no idea how much I would love being an auntie. I knew I would love that boy but I didn't know that my heart would burst open every time I set eyes on him because it just isn't big enough hold all of that love.

Becoming an auntie -- Auntie Pie -- three years ago is one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

In celebration of three years of aunthood, I purchased Baby A the most obnoxious and awesome birthday present I could find. 


It bounces. It makes noise. It takes up half of their living room. It will incite fights between the boys.  

And it had to be done. Sorry 'bout it, Lucy and Chet.

(I am not sorry. NOT SORRY ONE BIT.)

Being an aunt is awesome.     

1 comments:

JBean said...

Agree! I love being an Aunt! And each time I get another niece or nephew I get even more excited! Great gift by the way :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio