Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Tradition

I'm just home from my traditional New Year's Eve massage.

May I suggest that you follow my lead? I am convinced that the New Year's Eve massage, which I started treating myself to 3 or 4 years ago, is one of the best things I have ever come up with. (All of that patting myself on my back gives me huge knots in my shoulders so: necessary!)

It really is a nice way to round out the year and it doesn't require coordinating with friends, a special outfit, cleaning your house or doing anything other than showing up.

The NYE massage leaves you with plenty of time for celebrating with your friends and family, wearing something fancy, hosting a party, doing your hair, drinking yourself silly. Whatever you want to do.

And if it all turns out horribly (we all know it happens), at least you can fall back on the knowledge that, earlier in the day, you had a massage.

It's basically guaranteeing that you win New Year's Eve. I highly recommend it.

Do you guys have any traditions -- New Year's Eve or otherwise -- that you highly recommend?

3 comments:

Heather said...

I post my gym totals for the year, then go home, put on pajama pants and drink wine from the bottle with a straw while marathoning movies. Sometimes a friend joins me. Sometimes not. But I enjoy the quiet start to the year.

Sabrina! said...

That is such a good idea, A! I may start that next year. Massages are such a nice treat.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

That does sound like a great tradition! My family has a lot of traditions for Christmas but none for NYE. I used to celebrate with my family and would drive up to the lake but the older I get, the more I hate driving so I no longer do that. We would sometimes have sauerkraut and ribs on New Years Day but I don't even know if they still do that. Tonight we are getting together with friends to play games. It will be low key and fun. And tomorrow I have zero plans which I am excited about.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio