Friday, December 19, 2014

The Productivity Bus has stalled

It is a damn good thing that I spent last Sunday preparing for Christmas like I was the jolliest of Santa's elves because I have not done anything, not one thing, this week.

Unless you count eating all of the Christmas cookies that I made on Sunday. Because I totally did that. Or watching 92 episodes of Scandal because I did that, too.

My holiday steam? Lost it. Other than one gift that I must pick up (shopping this weekend should be enjoyable, no?), I am done. Not done as in finished with what I need to do so much as done, like, really over it.

I think maybe I hit my holiday quota and it just happened a little bit early this year, instead of at 2:00 pm on Christmas when I'm just sort of ready to go to bed until New Year's Day.

I'm ready to go to bed until New Year's Day now. 

The holiday will be lovely. And I will busy myself with other Christmas-y activities because it's expected of me and because my mother will need my help. I will wear my red wool Christmas coat. I will turn on my Christmas lights and wrap a few remaining presents and stop for a peppermint mocha at Starbucks.

I will go through the motions because that's what you do but I am kind of just done.

With the exception of making Hanukkah donuts with Lucy's boys tonight because: fried dough.

Fried dough forever. 

2 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I've been there. Some years I am just over it sooner than others. I don't really feel like I really got into the spirit much this year actually. Between my Jamaica trip and the unseasonably warm weather (which I am not complaining about) it just doesn't *feel* like Christmas. I listened to Christmas music for the first time last night, and it actually wasn't even intentional - the CD I was listening to ended and the next CD in the line-up in my car radio was a Christmas CD that I apparently didn't take out of the CD player after last Christmas... anyways, I am excited for Christmas because it means going home and seeing family but I am also exhausted and ready for some hibernation in January!

‎Scheherazade (the sarcastic woman) said...

I think it's the 'holiday mode' that we settle into, I've been really unproductive too, although your week sounds far more productive than me! I've been vegging on the sofa!

Hannukah donuts?! That sounds amazing! I hope they were!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio