Tuesday, December 16, 2014

About Serial

Um, you guys? I need to tell you something important.

My Serial addiction has not lessened.

Here is an incomplete list of the people in my life who I have more or less forced to listen to Serial: my sister (who has turned two of her best friends into listeners), my mother, Lucy, our good friend Alon in Israel and my cousin Mara. Also my grandparents listened to the first seven or eight episodes on our trip to Chicago but I still need to get them caught up.

So, anyway. I remain addicted to a podcast*

A podcast that I know many of you are also addicted to. (Strength in numbers, my friends.)

A podcast that ends ON THURSDAY.

A podcast about a crime that I am still so undecided about. My opinion on Adnan's guilt/innocence changes every episode. Shit, it changes multiple times during every episode. AND WE WILL NEVER KNOW THE TRUTH.

Fellow listeners, please share your thoughts and your feelings.

Feed my addiction.




*Speaking of podcasts, Dear Sugar (easily one of my favorite things in all the world) has transformed into a podcast and I haven't listened yet but just knowing that it exists makes my heart so full. 

8 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Yea, you can add me to that list, too:-)

Heather said...

I still maintain Jay did it.

Danielle said...

I really don't know if he did it or not. However, Adnan saying that he feels responsible because he lent his car to jay and he "should have known better" makes me think he is guilty. No one should have to know better that someone will use your car to go commit a murder!! I wonder how Sarah will end it, I'm not even sure she will give her final opinion because she herself seems to go back and forth about it. I really hope they do an extra long episode for the last one. I don't know. I'm going to listen to the Slate Serial podcast tomorrow while at work. And probably relisten to all the original Serial podcasts too. And perhaps scan the Reddit page....

Sabrina said...

I haven't listened to last week's yet, I don't know why I'm "saving" it. But I'm going to listen to the Slate podcasts after Serial is over. And maybe I'll re-listen knowing how it's going to "end."

JBean said...

Ahhhh I still haven't hopped on the Serial bandwagon. Apparently I'm failing at life right now. Maybe I'll get some time over Christmas to tune in?!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I LOVE Serial. I just started to listen to podcasts last month so there were already 8 episodes when I started listening... and I listened to those 8 over the course of 2 days! I felt strongly that he was not guilty initially, now my confidence in his innocence ebbs and flows but I definitely do not think he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I am sad that it is ending tomorrow, I feel like the ending is going to anticlimatic and there won't be a real 'a ha' moment. But nonetheless, it's been interesting to listen to and it's really opened my eyes to murder trials and some of the shenanigans that go on...

A said...

So many theories. That is why I love it so much. I'm really interested to see how Sarah wraps it all up.

Basically, it's crazy to me that Adnan was convicted on such little evidence. It seems that based on the fundamental tenants of the American judicial system and the reasonable doubt standard, there's just not enough.

If nothing else, this podcast did us all a service by shining a light on the shortcomings in the judicial system. (Even if it made me feel a bit "dirty" about being so interested in the case in the meantime.)

Sabrina! said...

Also, watch this. Hilarious http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6ab2d45a77/the-last-episode-of-serial

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio