Monday, November 03, 2014

Weekend

After breaking a couple of toes on Friday afternoon, I gave up on life, ate some ravioli, grabbed the book that I was reading and went to bed. Sometimes it's best to know when to quit. 

On Saturday morning, I decided that I was going to cut back my coffee intake to one cup per day. Cue headache.

I also finally, finally, finally bought a dining room rug.


Which means that I need to finally, finally, finally buy dining room furniture next. And then I'll be reasonably done with my house. (As much as you can be DONE done, which will last me all of two weeks before I decide I want to paint something.)

On Saturday night, Meg and I took Mom to the Fischer to see a show. We bought her tickets for her birthday -- in August -- so we've been waiting a long time for this one.  

I looked over at my mom multiple times during the show to see her with the biggest smile on her face so many pats on the back to me, who bought the tickets and made the dinner reservations. (Like my sister would ever.)


On Sunday, I made ginger snaps to bring to dinner at Lucy and Chet's house. They were delightful. I made them from an old recipe I found in my mom's recipe box. She had no idea who the recipe is from (other than someone who doesn't spell particularly well) or if she has even ever made them but, it worked out.


I generally prefer to bake with butter but the shortening in this recipe makes it dairy-free, which means it's a dessert that I can bring to Lucy and Chet's on a night when they cook meat. (Chet and their boys keep kosher; they don't mix meat and dairy.) So it was a very good find.

And a very good weekend. Simple. Productive. Fun. I hope yours was much the same.

3 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Yum, those cookies look so good! I love ginger snaps but haven't found good gluten free ones. Womp, womp. Sounds like you had a fun weekend despite the awful start. I'll be curious to hear what you think of that book - I know one person who has read it and really liked it!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh and I love your new rug!!

A said...

I enjoyed it. I didn't love it. I was sort of spoiled by the person who recommended it to me. Not entirely spoiled but spoiled enough that I approached it differently than I might have otherwise. I won't say anything further!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio