Saturday, November 15, 2014

A decade

10 years ago, I was drowning.

I remember that feeling so clearly. 10 years ago, I was fresh out of college. 10 years ago, I was lost.

10 years ago, I balanced my laptop on my knees – it was one of those cold, rainy November days that seep under your skin, one of those days where you can’t get warm – and I sat in the office at my mom and dad's house and I started this blog.

10 years ago.

I didn't know where I was going. I didn't know what I was doing. I was lost. I was trying to write my way out of the woods.

I still don't know where I'm going. I still don't know what I'm doing. I'm still lost. I'm still trying to write my way out of the woods.

I'm still writing.

I'm still writing.

I don't plan on stopping.

This is who I am.

This is what I do.

Nearly a year ago, I read Ann Patchett's This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage; I have been saving this passage from it ever since.


I saved it because I knew.

I knew that I was on the verge of blogging for a decade.

2,848 posts.

10 years.

And I knew that I wouldn't have the proper words to express what that means to me.

My apologies to Ann Patchett.

This blog is the way I've learned to see my life.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Congrats on 10 great years of blogging!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Wow - 10 years! That is impressive! It is so great to have your written words to reflect back on. I think even more than the words I wrote, the tone of my writing is very indicative of where I was at in terms of being happy... That is a great quote by Ann Patchett. I will have to check that book out.

bluemoon said...

Beautiful! Congrats on ten years of pouring your soul out here. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio