Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Lazy

I was going to go to the gym last night for a little run on the treadmill but then I got home and, well, I didn't. I didn't go to the gym for a little run on the treadmill or a little of anything else. I made pasta. I took a shower. I read.

I have been using physical therapy as an excuse, but my knee wasn't really that sore. I was just lazy.

Lazy is hard to break.

My knee injury came shortly after I moved into my condo and, before that, I had a long vacation and, before that, I dedicated far too many evenings to trudging through house after house with my real estate agent.

I can't even remember when I last had a good gym routine.

My gym membership was just bumped up from $TooMuch to $TooMuch + $5, so it's time to finish physical therapy (I'm thinking I will be done as of next week), find my inner yogi (I've taken a few classes), break out my running shoes for something more than a sluggish two miles and get back to it.

I need the routine. I need the exercise.

But what I need most is to start feeling like myself.

I haven't, lately.  

The lazy is just a fraction of the problem.

But it's somewhere to start.

1 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I think it is so hard to get back into a routine of exercising after a long break from it. Because it no longer becomes assumed that you are going to workout, instead it's something you have to choose every day and it's easy to say no to stuff like that when it's not a routine. You'll get back into your routine with time, though. I know the feeling of not feeling like yourself, though, as that is how I felt after my injury.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio