Thursday, September 25, 2014

Kick in the pants

Hi. I'm writing this en route to New York. I'll post it later. Promise.

So, here's the thing. I need help. With this eHarmonizing. I need help. I am failing.

Not only am I am awful offline dater (reasons unknown; all evidence points to this being absolutely true) but it turns out that I'm pretty bad at online dating, too.

I hate it. I hate logging in and reading profiles and answering stupid questions. Nor am I good at it. The guys, they must notice. Like: every other girl answers effortlessly and this chick clearly drafted and proofread her response, not to mention discussed it with multiple friends, and otherwise sucks.

I haven't even logged in this week.

Maybe you guys could tell me to do this? To suck it up for a other couple of months? To stop being so discouraged and apathetic? To give up on being convinced that this, too, won't work?

I just need a kick in the butt.

Or some confidence. Or some faith. Or some Xanax.

5 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Yes. Just give me your password and your schedule. I'll tell you when and where to show up to meet which boys. It will be much easier that way!

Anonymous said...

Just keep at it, however much you can be bothered. I work in remote areas during the week so only logged in at weekends, and only when I could be bothered. In a year I probably only met 10 guys, but have now been seeing one very happily since the start of the year. We even had a spell of messaging each other then stopped for some reason that neither of can remember, then I messaged him again not realising we'd been in touch before but this second time around we actually got round to meeting up. So, what I'm trying to say is don't stress about it, just use it as little or as much as you want!

Danielle said...

If you are only paying for it for 3 months you should take advantage. Make a list of everything you want in a partner, and keep it next to your computer, or in a word doc, open when you are looking at potential matches. Then if they don't fit the criteria, don't bother.

Sabrina said...

I echo Danielle. You can savor a break after you've worn out your paid subscription and suffered through a couple of dates. It's after stretches like that I LOVE justifying endless nights of Netflix. :)

Kari said...

I say give AM your password and just have some fun! Did you by chance kiss those two boys in Manhattan?

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio