Thursday, August 07, 2014

This, that, here, there

I suspect that my knee is getting better. And now I begin questioning whether or not I should cancel the doctor's appointment that I made. A month ago.

I'm obsessively working on a project in my hallway. I promise to share when I'm done if you promise to cross your fingers that it doesn't turn out a complete disaster.

I am absolutely horrible at forgiving myself for making mistakes. Little mistakes. Yesterday, I put the wrong date in an email to my soccer team and I am completely mortified. Then I went home and accidentally took my neighbor's recycling bin to my garage and I am equally displeased with myself. As though either of these incidents matter.

I have been listed as an emergency contact for Lucy's sons. Does this mean that I'm a real grownup?

I apparently have no passions. Or no desire to write about them. After a week of disinterested plodding through multiple-choice questions, I have found myself at the essay portion of the eHarmonizing process. I hate it.

I have anxiety about my condo association's rules. Like, my dad stopped by yesterday and he probably shouldn't have parked where he parked and I just wanted him to move his car already but he wasn't getting the hint and it really wasn't a big deal so relaxing would have been a good idea but THE RULES.

I had a big, big victory at work this week. I received a few dozen congratulatory emails from all over the state. It almost makes the pain and preparation feel like it was worth it.  

I find that I am getting less and less tolerant of other people's bullshit. Specifically, my sister's. It's probably a good thing.

I made scones last weekend. They were delightful. I think that I will make them again this weekend.

I'm curious about what you guys have been up to. Don't be shy.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I would keep the doctors appointment, you never know. My knee feels fine, but I've also been easy on it and ice it every day. Still have a tear.

Dating profile essays.. Why bother? Its like the guys only look at your photos anyway.

Accidentally Me said...

1) Keep the Dr's appointment.

5) You have a passion for PROCRASTINATING! Stop it and get back to work, we need to find you some boys, already!

6) Yea, relax. There is nothing bad that your condo association can do to you.

7) Congrats, again!

Anonymous said...

Have you thought of okcupid instead? No essays and seems to be more popular.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

HOA rules stress me out, too. I went through the same thing when I lived in the condo that I own. There were so many rules and they really enforced them (and the woman who often enforced them was kind of scary).

I hope you'll share the project you are working on when it's complete!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio