Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Knee Brace: Day 7

I have been a very good patient. Despite my initial plan to continue to play soccer despite the doctor's orders, my sister made a comment that set me straight and I have been compliant. 

I wear my knee brace every day. It looks awesome with shorts. It looks equally awesome under the one pair of work pants that I can fit it underneath. 

I got the okay from my doctor to do a bit of running on the treadmill. I took my knee brace for its first spin around the gym on Monday evening. It was hard and awful. I should probably go back and try again. 

I am rapidly running out of time to register for the half marathon that I have enjoyed running over the past four years. I don't have another appointment until after the registration deadline. My knee doesn't feel great. I'm not going to have much time to train. 


And I feel like I'm going to be really, really, really bummed to sit this one out. 

And really, really, really bummed to register and be unable to race. 

On Sunday, my soccer team plays for our league championship. I will show up to watch. What great fun.

Basically the only good thing that has come to this is that Lucy's husband Chet sings me George Michael's "Never Gonna Dance Again" every time he sees me. I do love me a good serenade from a married man. 

Other than that, this is basically the worst.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that it's not working out so well for you right now.

My own knee problems weren't caused by a tear, but it's still been 6 months of working with a PT on different muscle groups and gradually doing very short running intervals. No knee pain yet, which is an improvement over how I was doing things before I went to the PT. I tell myself that running without damaging myself is the goal, and that I'm doing what I'm supposed to do to get there.

My only advice is to try to be patient and not push yourself too hard while your body is still working on healing. I think if I'd taken a slow-and-steady approach back when the knee pain first emerged, I wouldn't have kept reinjuring it so often, and my current slow path might be faster.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Ugh that is so frustrating. I hope that you heel fast and can get back to doing the things you enjoy. I know it's hard to not push it but try to take it easy and let your body heel. I was in a boot for almost 4 months last year and I about lost my mind in the process (and felt seriously angry when I saw others out running or heard others complain about their runs), so I can relate to the frustration you are feeling.

Annie Lima said...

I have been suffering from knee pain for a long time . Now I am using knee braces I feel comfort now . Thank you.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio