Sunday, August 10, 2014

Everything, everyone

I am not in the best place right now.

And I don't really know why.

Usually, when I'm in a strop, it's about something specific (ahem, boysworkfamily) and I let it spill over into everything until I'm a miserable hot mess and I can't even stand to be around myself.

Except right now my something specific is: everything, everyone.

I always know I'm in a really foul mood if I'm irritated with my best friend, Lucy. And if I can't blog. And when I aggressively delete photos from my phone. And when doing nothing sounds as awful as doing something (anything). And being alone is as unappealing as being around anyone else. All of which: yes.

It wasn't even a bad weekend. It was actually pretty decent if you overlook the black cloud. I got a lot of stuff done. I started watching the Mindy Project. I played a few soccer games. My big secret project (no, not the eHarmonizing) is 95% complete. I ate a Snickers ice cream bar.

But I'm basically just not any fun right now.

Keep your distance, friends. I'm afraid this is contagious.

4 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Does this mean I should leave off the eHarmony nagging until tomorrow...?

What's your work schedule look like? I vote you take an afternoon off (call in sick...mental health day) and go to the movies. Just space out, eat candy and ignore everything else. I'm sure we can find some stupid movie to occupy your afternoon!

And what is this super secret project?!?!? HOW HAVE I NOT BEEN KEPT IN THE LOOP!!!!!

Accidentally Me said...

OMG...you could go and see "Lucy"!!! It's as if the universe is willing you to do this!

Sabrina said...

Ugh, I'm sorry. I empathize and you said it well - you don't want company but you don't want solitude, you don't want to do anything but you want to do something. It's a restlessness. At my worst, I feel like all the things that should make me happy just DON'T.

I hope it gets better very very soon!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hear you... I hate feeling like I am in a funk, especially when I can't put my finger on why I feel that way. I'm having an off week here, too. I had some tears on my walk into work on Monday - FOR NO REASON. I was like, "why am I crying right now?" Well, part of it is stress about work but crying was a bit of an outsized reaction. So yah. I hope this funk passes us by soon.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio