Thursday, July 24, 2014

It's a familiar theme

If you've been reading my blog for any stretch of time, you've probably caught on to this little secret: I really (really really really really) like dresses.

Despite promising myself that I would reel in my spending -- so much house stuff, so much Brazilian vacation, so expensive -- this week has been a two dress week.

First, I accidentally saw that Boden had the dress I had been coveting as the quintessential Kentucky Derby dress on super sale. And then I accidentally bought it.


I'm not even 100% sure that Lucy and I are going to the Derby next year but you can't even tell me that dress wouldn't go perfect with a gloriously enormous Derby hat.

Shortly thereafter, my quick lunchtime shopping trip to buy face wash turned into trying on dresses for my cousin Anna's September wedding which turned into buying a dress for Anna's wedding.


I already own the perfect, timeless, had-it-for-at-least-5-years-and-will-have-it-for-at-least-10-more little black dress and I planned to wear that to Anna's wedding but this Vera Wang number practically jumped off of the rack and into my hands. 

There's no crime in owning two perfect LBDs! 

Plus it was an amazing deal.

Plus I texted a picture to my mother and she approved. 

Plus it matched the tape I have on my bum knee.  

And sometimes, you just can't question fate. Lunchtime shopping, impulse buy fate.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Both of those dresses are very cute! The colorful one can be used for all sorts of occasions! I love dresses, it took a long time for that to happen, but now I have quite a few that hang in my closet even though I never wear them...

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I never regret the decision to buy dresses that I like. I wear them so much, it's definitely worth the money spent! I love both dresses! The top one is so fun and the bottom one is a timeless look that you'll get a lot of use out of!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio