Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Diagnosis

I've been worrying about my hearing.

(Because just worrying about my knee wasn't enough.)

Late last night, it had crossed my mind that I wasn't hearing well. I missed a few phone calls. I always hear my phone! And then I was at the Jay-Z/Beyoncé concert. (If you're going to lose your hearing, do it while dancing to Partition.) The next morning, Meg and I were walking down the street and I was on a call with my mother. I had a really hard time hearing her.

While trying to follow the conversation with my mom, I diagnosed my hearing loss. My grandma was quite young when she had significant hearing impairment and I would likely be the same. All of the signs were there and I should probably start a hearing aid fund. 

I didn't mention it to anyone. I spent a few days being hyper aware of what I could and could not hear.

Until I realized that both the ringer and the call volume on my phone were turned down really, really low. 

4 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

We could have been hearing loss buddies! Instead, we will just have to be "get confused by technology" buddies...

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Lol. This is something that would happen to me. I am the type that will self-diagnose off the smallest thing. I'm glad it was just a user error on the phone! ;)

Kari said...

Our IT guys have started playing a "joke" on all those getting their new iphones -- they are turning the little switch on the side so that it doesn't ring....

Danielle said...

I actually started to lose some of my hearing. We get work physicals every year and we do that stupid hearing test. Its one of the main reasons I stopped going to concerts!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio