Sunday, July 06, 2014

All Moved In

...okay, that's a bit of a lie.

Mostly moved in. Boxes here, there and everywhere. But all of my things are out of my cousin/roommate Liz's house and at my condo. Or in my car.

There's a lot in my car. One day I might even have the energy and the motivation to move all of it from my car and into my condo.

I find it mildly irritating that neither my sister, Meg, nor my best friend, Lucy, have stopped by to see the place. That's not even fair, honestly, because I haven't been jumping up and down and insisting that they visit. Like, if Meg had been the one to buy this condo, I guarantee that she would have set up a caravan to drag over each and every one of our 4th of July guests to see it. But I am not Meg.

I'm not the type to push it. If people want to see the place, they'll see it. I'm not going to have a damn housewarming party. I just thought Meg and Lucy would each have five minutes to walk through. Oh well.

Anyone else spend his/her holiday weekend setting up house? Braving Ikea in search of a damn rug when she should have been watching Netherlands/Costa Rica in the World Cup quarterfinals? No?

Well, then. I hope you enjoyed your fireworks and your barbecue and your patriotic Jello shots.

4 comments:

AP said...

Gorgeous! I love the yellow and gray, and the new floors are beautiful.

I wasn't setting up house (moved in two years ago today), but I did spend the weekend furniture shopping. I'm ready to tackle one more room, and oh, the decisions! On the plus side, everyone must have been watching World Cup or celebrating the 4th. The stores were surprisingly empty here.

Danielle said...

I would have hurt feels if my bestie or sister didn't come and make a visit.

Looks good so far, can't want to see more!

Also, rugsusa.com, seriously great site and good rugs! I bought an area rug and my best friend has bought like 3 from them already. They always have massive sales (like 70% off) during holiday weekends.

Kari said...

Love the floors and the grey and yellow-- gorgeous. Besides exhausting-- how does it feel? Has it sunk in yet that it is your place?
It surprises me about Lucy -- Meg -- not so much...but I would have thought Lucy would have been there helping you etc...
Don't let their lack of class dampen how great it is to have your own place.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I love your bedding and all the throw pillows! I just love the gray and yellow combo. It's too bad that rug I got at Target was sold out because it would go perfectly with your bedding!

I hope that your friends find some time to stop by soon... I can see how you are hurt that they haven't...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio