Monday, July 14, 2014

About a Boy, part 4.

Turns out that C is engaged which, now that I know, makes all the sense in the world. I thought he was shy when what he really was is in a serious relationship. Hindsight, am I right?

This is how much it matters in the context of our story: not at all.

I got my life lesson and I got my memories. That's what I needed. Not him, specifically. Not another guy living in a different time zone.  That wasn't what this was about. And it never was. I didn't need this (interesting) information to realize that.

Time will not be wasted thinking about why the topic of a fiancée was clearly avoided or what he was thinking or why he was acting as he acted. It doesn't matter.

I took what I needed to from that week in Brazil. I'm grateful for it. And now I am closing the door.

7 comments:

Sabrina said...

While C's relationship status does explain why he never "closed the deal" in Brazil, it makes me very weary of ever getting attached to anyone! I've had guys flirt madly with me that were in fact engaged/married/in a serious relationship. For them, it might have just been harmless fun or a way to stoke their ego. But what about their partner? It's so disrespectful!

JBean said...

WTF is wrong with some people?! His poor fiancé. Yet again, you escaped another loser! Rejoice in that fact!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh man, I am really disappointed to hear that he is engaged because there is some girl out there who quite possibly has no idea what she is getting herself into!

Onwards and upwards, lady. You got what you needed out of this and here's hoping you find that spark with someone close by and unattached!

Gloria Johnson said...

I give C points for not closing the deal, for pulling back before something more serious happened. Not totally happy with his behavior but at least he stopped before things got too far gone.

illynew said...

You're way more enlightened than I am. That still sucks. What a shady bastard.

Accidentally Me said...

This makes the story somewhat better:-) I'd feel way better if you had actually ruined an engagement, but I should acknowledge that my own love of train wrecks is probably not a good guide for behavior in an engagement...

So, he's kind of a douche, which really doesn't matter to you, I guess. You were never going to see him again anyway, and whether he is a dick to his fiance doesn't impact the fun you had. I guess we will just call it a humorous postscript!

Sarah KosherLobster said...

You should have seen how wide my eyes got when I read this!

I'm glad you learned such a wonderful and needed lesson out of this, but his behavior is inexcusable!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio