Friday, June 20, 2014

I have arrived

We made it to Brazil.

The travel was fine. Long but fine. We had two connections. It took 20 hours. I'm pretty sure we could have gotten there with just one layover. I let Meg book the flights.

When we got to the hotel, we dropped our bags in our tiny room, we changed out clothes and we went to the pool.

A couple of caipirinhas and a few appetizers later: we were ready to venture out in search of our tickets. And dinner. Food here is pretty expensive so it's a shame I like to eat as much as I do.

The only annoying part of this trip so far has been how much Meg and her friend expect me to do. Like, everything. I guess I must seem more okay doing the awkward broken English/Portuguese exchanges but, c'mon you guys.

I almost lost it last night when I forgot Meg's wallet on my bed when we went out. I forgot it because her friend asked me to do something for her at the same time. Meg was nice about the wallet. She was happy to let me buy for her. But I wanted to scream. So I need to find a gentle way to push them to help me out a little.

Today, we're going to the Italy/Costa Rica game. Finally some soccer! And I already leave for home a week from today. Boo.

4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Oh man, I hope the friends you are traveling with start to expect you to do less so you don't feel like you are running a tour company. ;) I am glad you made it safely and can't wait to see pictures/hear more about your experience!!!

Heather said...

hello there;
just a reminder that "no." is a complete sentence and you are perfectly justified in using it as you need to. "no, i can't get your wallet." "no, i can't do X for you."

i know traveling with others can be hard and i'm not encouraging you to cause drama or what-have-you, but i am encouraging you to not shoulder so much of the load. meg is an adult and i am presuming her friend is one as well. outside of zipping up dresses or other things that are hard independently, you can reasonably decline doing things for them that they are generally accustomed to doing for themselves when home.

HAVE FUN!

Sabrina said...

The Italy/CR game is currently on at my office and you're there, yay!

Caipirnhas are dangerously delicious. Despite the travels stresses, hope you're having fun!

my life is brilliant said...

Yeah, I don't understand how YOU forgot Meg's wallet. That sentence seemed odd to me.

I'm glad you're there. I hope you have a blast and that Meg and the other chick remember they're adults too.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio