Thursday, June 05, 2014

Housing Crisis, Part 15

Here we go, boys and girls.

I close on the condo tomorrow afternoon.

I will spend my weekend trying to keep myself from wanting to do absolutely everything rightthissecond. I'm having flooring installed before actually move in; I can't do much until the floors are finished.

There is no chance that I will be able to resist doing nothing. No chance whatsoever. Maybe I'll paint? The bathroom is the only room where I won't be replacing the flooring so I suppose I can get that all squared away.

But I what I really want to do is everything!

And I want to do it before I leave for Brazil.

In 13 days.

Before I catch that plane, I have four soccer games and Father's Day and Anna's bridal shower and, I don't know, my job.

I won't be moving before I leave for Brazil.

But I'm still hoping for a miracle and a really fast contractor and a free afternoon.

Big change from how this all started, right? I'm not digging my heels in any longer. I'm trying to hold myself back.

2 comments:

k said...

my brother just bought a house that needs a bit of updating and i have to admit that i am a bit jealous of him (and you). i want to do stuff like that too!

i can't wait for pictures!!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

Congrats on being a home owner! How exciting! I hope you will share pictures! I am glad you don't have to move in before your Brazil trip. I am sure you are anxious to get settled in there, but it's nice to not have ALL THE PRESSURE to move before your big trip (especially considering how much you have going on between now and then!). I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow!!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio