Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Fluff and substance

Blogging has been hard lately.

Maybe you can tell.

Ever since I wrote about The Coach's job that wasn't, I've felt a little raw. A little exposed.

It's like I've been blogging for all of this time without ever realizing exactly how much of my life I'm really putting out there. This is me! Here I am! With my problems and my bad decisions and my dresses! 

And then I wrote about The Coach's job that wasn't and finally got what blogging is all about and I forgot how to do it.

No. I didn't forget how to do it. I got scared.

I started being afraid to write about what's real.

But I'm also afraid to write about what's not. Because the occasional post about shorts or pie crusts is okay but that's not what this blog is about. That's not what I am about.

I like fluff. In moderation. But I love substance.

That's why I blog. The substance.

I'm working on getting back there. Thanks for hanging around in the meantime.

3 comments:

Gloria Johnson said...

Just want to say that I'm not judging you. So go ahead and write the substance, regardless, I won't judge you or try to tell you what to do. Hopefully no one else will either.

A said...

Thanks, Gloria. It isn't even that I feel judged...well, maybe a little...just sort of finally got (after 10 years of blogging - ha!) how much I was putting out there.

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

It's tough to find a balance on how much to share at times. I want my blog to be an authentic representation of my life but at times, I have to resort to fluff at times, too, because I'm either not ready to share what's happening or it's too personal. I've gotten better at putting myself out there - I used to write posts and then get up in the middle of the night and delete them before they were published.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio