Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Housing Crisis, Part 14

When I last left off, my offer was accepted on the exact type of home that I was certain I wouldn't like: a condo. And I was waiting, waiting, waiting.

Well, here I am: still waiting, waiting, waiting.

The inspection was two weeks ago and there were a few small snags but nothing bad enough to kill the deal. The appraisal was shortly thereafter and it appraised quite a bit higher than what I paid for it, which makes me feel like the ultimate bargain shopper. I pretty much bought the place with a coupon.
 
I am still (impatiently) waiting for a closing date but I was told that it will be before the end of the month which, by my calculations, means that it will be sometime in the next 10 days.

Which also means that someone should set a damn date and time so that I can kick my neuroses into high gear and make 43 lists, buy a ton of things I don't actually need, schedule movers and generally get excited.

I am trying, with some amount of success, to not get overly excited.

But I am excited and I also just want to get this move over and done with as soon as possible because I don't want it to hang over my head any longer. And I want to be in and settled, like, today and not after Anna's wedding shower or my trip to Brazil or Independence Day. I don't want to spend the summer with this move looming. I want to move. And then I want to enjoy summertime.

And I want to blog before and after pictures. Like, right now.  

3 comments:

Gloria Johnson said...

Yay! Congratulations, so happy for you!

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I am glad that the appraisal came in higher - that's awesome to have some equity right from the get go! I hope they schedule a closing date soon. It's so strange that they haven't as usually that gets set so that everyone has a deadline to work towards. It would drive me craaaaazy to not know the closing date so I hope you hear something soon!!

Accidentally Me said...

You SHOULD be excited! This is a really big deal, and you're gonna love it!

I'd probably question the appraiser's skills:-), but that's not really your concern. Mostly, it is just good to have a relatively smooth process through the whole sale!

This is gonna be fun!!!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio