Wednesday, May 21, 2014

And then she complained

I thought that this week was going to be a big week. An exciting week! A week that passes quickly!

Wrong.

This is a week where it took all of my willpower to talk myself into baking a batch of cookies. A batch of cookies, I'll add, that turned out, fittingly, flat.

This is a week where every one of my responsibilities, including my responsibility to take a shower so that I don't offend those I interact with, seems like a monumental task.

And the real problem is that I'm not busy enough. Only one evening meeting. No soccer. No dinner plans. No errands I absolutely have to run.

I can't believe it's only Wednesday.

Not because I'm looking forward to the weekend.* Just because I'm so bloody bored with the week. And unmotivated. And not interested in going to the gym or reading a book or watching television or taking many naps or baking subpar cookies.

It feels like my skin is too tight. And my patience is too small. And the week is far too long.


*What are you guys doing over the holiday weekend? I'm marching in the town Memorial Day parade, I shit you not.



4 comments:

Lisa from Lisa's Yarns said...

I hate weeks like that that crawl by. That is how last week was for me. My belongings got packed and boxed so I had some time where I had nothing in my apartment and life felt chaotic and I was crabby due to that car accident and bleh. I couldn't focus to read but couldn't find the motivation to go to a movie. I just wanted the week to be OVER. This week is much better because I have places to go and people to see.

I am going up to my parents' lake home for memorial day weekend and I can't wait! Have fun marching in the parade!!!

Danielle said...

Sometimes you have to let yourself to absolutely nothing. Its good for you. I have days when all I can muster up is maybe making toast for dinner.

Besides, there is nothing good on TV right now. At least until True Blood comes back, but I'm not even sure if that will be any good either. Exception for Game of Thrones of course.

Kari said...

I hope you are wearing one of your derby hats! I fear that I too am going to have to march in a parade this summer.

Katherine said...

I don't ever comment but love your blog. So glad its Friday as my week was much like yours and crawled by. My weekend is filled with soccer for both my girls out of town - weather is gorgeous so hoping it stays that way all weekend! Have fun in the parade!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio