Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Three

I can barely remember three years ago.

I had two jobs and a master's degree that I was using but not using enough. I had an apartment. I had a wound from finding out that my dad was cheating on my mom that hadn't quite healed. I wore my hair curly. I wasn't yet an auntie. I didn't own a smartphone. I was 28 years, 6 months and 6 days old.

But I remember April 8.

It rained in the morning. I had a job interview. It cleared up in the evening. I had dinner with Lucy and Chet and Chet's best buddy.

The Coach came over that night. Three years ago. Three years ago today.

I was 28 years, 6 months and 6 days old.

I don't regret it. I don't regret April 8 of three years ago. I don't regret today. I don't regret the days in between.

This could all turn out to be an enormous mistake.

But it is one of the things -- and he is one of the people -- that got me here.

To 31 years, 6 months and 6 days.

1 comments:

Gloria said...

I'm rooting for you because you are such a kind, caring person and you deserve success, love, and happiness. For some people that comes quickly, for others, it takes a while longer. I'm praying yours is on its way right now. All the best to you, A.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio