Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What wasn't the best day

Longtime readers might remember my former friend Colleen.

For the newer readers, Colleen was a good friend to Lucy and I for years until she wasn't a good friend anymore. It's been two years and there are still times where I miss her friendship. I am over it except on the days when I'm not.

Today I'm not over it. She had her first baby last night and today I'm just sad. As I was sad on the weekend of Colleen's wedding. There is nothing to be done to save our friendship but it still feels awful. Because the days that Lucy had her boys were the best days and, had things not turned out the way that they had, yesterday would have felt like the best day, too.

When Colleen got married, Lucy and I made a hideous (but hilarious) cake and got drunk at a trashy bar in the middle of nowhere and called it a celebration.

On Friday, with her boys in daycare and my board meeting behind me, we're spending our afternoon lunching and day drinking.

Because this feels weird. And day drinking is always a good idea.   

2 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like a great plan!
Hope the board meeting goes well.

Sabrina said...

Friend break-ups are hard, I've had 2 big ones in the last 2 yrs and I still wonder about them sometimes (and if they are wondering about me). Hope you enjoy your day!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio