Monday, March 24, 2014

Oh, hey

I interrupt my regular rants, fears and insecurities regarding buying a house (or not buying a house) to update you on my life. I seem to recall that my life was the subject of this blog way back in the days before I fell down the hole of house hunting.

Back to my roots!

I spent my entire weekend helping Meg with a big event that she was coordinating. Every minute I was there (Friday night, half of Saturday and all day Sunday) brought me right back to the days that I was working at my old job. Conclusion: I've still got it.

I did look at a few houses, too. Spoiler alert: I am warming, slightly, to the idea of buying the right house. But only the right house.

If you didn't see it in the news over the weekend: a federal judge on Friday ruled that Michigan's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage violates the U.S. Constitution. A few county clerks held special weekend hours to issue marriage licenses and waived the three-day wait for couples to be married and so I browsed the tweets and read the newspaper stories and cried like a baby. Love, you know? I always happy cry at weddings.

We've hit that time of the year where I am just so impatient for The Coach to come home. Enough is enough.

In the last 10 days, I've caught up on all of the movies that you all saw months ago: Saving Mr. Banks, Dallas Buyers Club, 12 Years a Slave. I couldn't pick a favorite.

Lucy and I made a few more batches of macarons on Saturday evening. Well, Lucy made a few batches of macarons while Baby A and I sifted the almond flour, counted vials of food coloring and smacked measuring cups against various objects to determine what made the most satisfying thud. 

Finally: I would like to publicly apologize to the Brazilian consulate in Chicago for the hideous photo that I submitted with my visa application. But at least they know that I won't be stealing any Victoria's Secret modeling jobs from their Brazilian beauties.  

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio