Monday, March 10, 2014

Odds & Ends

About the gym: yesterday, because I was beginning to panic about my upcoming half-marathon, I ran eight strangely pleasant miles on the treadmill. I'm paying for it today. I still went to the gym on my lunch hour, but it was merely in search of some relief in the jacuzzi. Which was closed. I settled for the steam room, which wasn't really settling at all because I am obsessed with the steam room.

About Baby A: on Friday, Lucy was trying to send Chet a video of Baby A saying "shabbat shalom!" Instead, it went something like this. "Mama. Auntie. Auntie. Auntie. Auntie!" So Lucy sent it to me instead and my heart shattered into one million pieces.

About my weekend: I didn't work for even a minute and it was great. My mom hurt my feelings (I'll write more about that later) and that wasn't great. I went to a friend's daughter's birthday party. I did a lot of shopping with my mom and my sister. I caught up on a lot of stuff I needed to catch up on. I finished a book. I painted my nails. 

About shopping: I bought clothes suitable for spring and I can't wait until the weather gets in synch with the new additions to my wardrobe. Because, after this very outfit-limiting winter, I want to start all of my thick sweaters and tights on fire.

About spam: I don't know if any other bloggers have been inundated with spam comments lately but, for me, the number of spam comments that I receive has absolutely exploded in the last few weeks. I am keeping word verification on for the time being -- I know that it's a pain but my only other option is to disallow anonymous comments and that sucks more.  

About Brazil: in exactly 100 days, Meg and I leave for our trip to Brazil for the World Cup.   

About The Coach: The hardest part of his season (for me and for him) is over. He's nearly done for the year, though he won't be all wrapped up and back here for another couple of months. I sent him paczki -- Polish donuts -- for Fat Tuesday because it made me happy. It made him happy, too.

About the Kentucky Derby: it looks like Lucy and I may be making a return trip. I hope that this year's Derby trip features less rain and more alcohol. 

About Tim Horton's: I am having a very high success rate in this year's Roll Up the Rim and I believe that it is a sign of good things to come.    

2 comments:

Kari said...

You are a great Auntie! Can't wait to hear more about the Brazil trip. Does your roll-up the rim have two roll-up sides? It caused some confusion up here.

Belle Vierge said...

I'm a little late to this, but yes, my spam comments skyrocketed. I did the opposite of you. I turned off anonymous commenting because I hate the word verification.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio