Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I adore Valentine's Day.

I have never had a Valentine's Day that is worthy of a Hallmark commercial and I don't even think that I'm the type of girl who would appreciate a Valentine's Day that is worthy of a Hallmark commercial. 

And I'm pretty sure the biggest box of chocolate I ever got from a boy was when I was in fifth grade and the teacher assigned us each a secret valentine. Mine was a blonde boy named Ryan who I thought was so cute. He got me a huge heart-shaped box of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

I was careless and left it out and my dog ate the entire box.

(The dog was fine, by the way.) 

But I still love Valentine's Day. I love the pink and the red and the x's and o's and the chocolate. I love a reason to buy a little something for those who I really love. I am dropping off presents for Mom and Dad on my lunch hour. I'm babysitting for Lucy and Chet's little guys tonight -- the boys will get clothes that they won't appreciate; I am bringing Lucy and Chet each a bar of chocolate and a photo magnet with pictures from last summer's vacation.

And a certain someone is on a road trip with his team this weekend, so he got his valentine earlier in the week.

What else do you get for that guy in your life who is not your boyfriend? A gentleman who is an unapologetic ass man and a huge fan of sugar cookies?

His reaction to his special batch of sugar cookies was hilarious and perfect and exactly the reason I baked them for him in the first place. He was equal parts impressed with my baking skills and a letting his head to go places that were -- umm -- outside of the bakery. I nearly cried because I was laughing so hard.

I hope your day is full of love or inappropriate baked goods or both, friends. You're all my valentines, too.

2 comments:

Belle Vierge said...

I would like inappropriate baked goods, please.

A said...

Oh my goodness, you KNOW I would send you some!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio