Saturday, February 01, 2014

Gratitude: January

I had a lot of reasons to be grateful in January. I always have a lot of reasons to be grateful;  this year is all about acknowledging it. Here is a very incomplete list that represents an impossibly small percentage of the many things that I am grateful for this month:
  • Safe arrivals at the end of a lot of harrowing commutes.
  • The steam room at my gym.
  • Lotions, body butters, baby oil and all other potions that aren't exactly keeping all of my winter skin woes at bay but are managing to prevent me from turning into 5'2" of shoe leather.
  • My own wisdom in recognizing when something isn't good for me or no longer serves me well.
  • Goals to work towards.  
  • Silver jewelry.
  • An unlikely and wonderful friendship with one of my trustees. 
  • Warm drinks.
  • Thick sweaters.
  • The authority to call a snow day.
  • The rare but awesome, distraction-free, workday coffee date with Lucy.
  • The luxury of knowing that I have a warm place to sleep and the means to pay for that source of heat. 
  • Books.
  • Fireplaces.
  • Books read in front of fireplaces.
  • Distractions.
  • Projects.
  • A good cry.
  • A good sleep.
  • A good sandwich.
  • A good list. 
Happy February, friends. May the new month treat us all kindly!

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio