Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Routine, please!

It's been a wild week of weather, right? (If you're someplace where you haven't experienced this crazy bout of winter weather, please tell the sun I said hello.)

I like snow and I don't much mind winter but the weather since the beginning of the year has been positively insane. Crazy snowfall and record-breaking low temperatures; I closed my building and kept my staff at home on Monday. We all returned to work yesterday. It was a very slow day. Anyone who had any common sense stayed at home.

Normally I wouldn't much mind the disruption to my routine. The day off of work meant a day in front of the fireplace, book in one hand and coffee in the other. Then hockey was cancelled yesterday: an unplanned night to catch up with things at home!

As much as I like hanging out on the couch in my yoga pants, I've had enough of it to last me a while. It's been three weeks of disruption (most of it good disruption, don't get me wrong) and I am ready to get back to real life. A few days off for Christmas. A few days off for New Year's. And now a few days off to hunker down and wait for this winter storm to pass has totally disrupted my life. I can't get my grocery shopping quite right. The small mountain of laundry living in my hamper is a sorry situation. I haven't been to the gym since before The Coach came home, you guys.

It's time to get this train back on the tracks.

I really depend on routine at this time of the year -- the second half of The Coach's season makes me impatient for him to come home, the worst weather drives me a little stir crazy -- it all just feels like there's a lot of time stretching out in front of me.

It always goes by a lot faster than I expect it to when I'm looking ahead in January.

But here I am, looking ahead in January, and I would just like to get moving. Forward.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio