Friday, January 31, 2014

An egg roll and a thought

I was the singlest of all single girls last night.

I worked late and, on my way home, I picked up Chinese takeout.

I ate the egg roll while I was driving.

I ate the rest when I got home. Over an episode of New Girl, if you must know. I reached the height of laziness and ate more than I actually wanted to eat because I didn't want to have to pack up the leftovers.

I read a book in the bath.

And then I felt pretty sick from the Chinese food overdose. So, I watched more New Girl on Netflix. In bed. Not wearing pants.

Fittingly, it was the episode where their gynecologist friend informs Jess and CeCe that they only have so many child-bearing years and then Jess freaks out and gets her fertility checked. The episodes features the line "I have a lot of eggs...unfortunately, I don't have a lot of sausage." I was equally amused and not amused. It hit close to home. (I have no idea the status of my fertility.)

I wanted to blog but I was in a MSG coma. My typing fingers were sluggish.

Then I mustered the strength to get ready for bed.

While I was brushing my teeth, which I find to be a great time to mull over life's mysteries, I was struck with a thought. It came from nowhere -- except maybe from the most single of all single evenings -- and seriously don't read too much into it because I am still in a really weird place.

I have been blogging for over nine years. I would be the first to rave about all of the wonderful, smart, interesting people I have met through this medium and the things that I have learned and the positive experiences that I have had. Yet I am terrified of online dating. Scared to the point of paralysis. It makes no sense. I am a moron.

We'll get there, you guys.

2 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

Sometimes, Chinese food is just necessary...and there is no way around it (says the girl who had a chicken chimichanga and two margaritas for dinner last night)

(side note...the spell check suggestion on "chimichanga" is "Michigander")

I'm cool with online dating, inter-soccer team dating, friend-dating or blind-dating. Really, I am in favor of you doing some dating, regardless of the format!

Sabrina said...

I love the extreme single girl moments, I have plenty of those myself! After I get past my initial disgust at myself, I remind myself
a) YOLO
b) One of the fun things about the single life is the ability to be impulsive/gross/eat what you want etc. :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio