Tuesday, January 07, 2014

2014: less resolution, more intention

While I was blissfully unaware when I was in the midst of it, reviewing my last year of blogging makes it pretty apparent: I spent the year in a strop.

I don't feel like I'm really like that. I'm not that negative, irritated person. And I don't want to be that person in the new year.

While I've been the queen of lengthy and ambitious lists of resolutions in past years, I am going to forgo the traditional resolutions and set a theme for this year, instead. Because, yeah, I would benefit from drinking more water and learning how to knit mittens. But I think that I'll benefit more from looking at my life a little bit closer and determining how I can infuse it with more of the good stuff.

In 2014, that will be gratitude.
 
My life is absolutely wonderful and it's time to cut back on the whining and acknowledge that. I am pretty awesome at the fine art of complaining and it's long overdue that I spend time getting even more awesome at gratitude. 
 
Like, maybe 365 days or so. 
 
Just don't expect this to turn into a sap factory, okay? 

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio