Tuesday, December 03, 2013

And the other thing

Is that I trust myself to know when I am done.

My heart loves stronger than maybe it should. But, historically, I have known when it was time. I knew when it hurt too much. I knew when I had to let go. And I did.

I don't have a hundred breakup stories to cite as examples as I don't have a hundred breakups in my past. The best example I have wasn't even a romantic relationship. It was with my other best friend, Colleen. I knew when she exhausted her chances. I knew when I had to stop trying. I knew when it was time. I made the decision. I did not waiver.

I trust myself to know when it's time.

I trust that I will know when I need to be completely done with The Coach.

I trust that I will know when it is time to dial it back so that making a regular, concerted effort to date other people doesn't feel so awful.

It's funny to say it because I overthink everything but it's true: I have a pretty decent gut instinct.

And I'm going to continue to go with it.

You don't have to agree with me on this one. (I'm not sure that I agree with me on this one.)   

Sometimes a girl just needs to make her own mistakes.

5 comments:

creativintage said...

my heart loves stronger than maybe it should, too. and sometimes it sucks.

A said...

Sometimes it most certainly does. I don't know that I would want to be any other way, however.

Accidentally Me said...

Well, I don't think that joining Match means you have to develop an intense emotional engagement to anyone...mostly I just wanted you to see that there are nice, normal boys to hang out with, whether you decided that any were worthy of more attention than that or not. And to have some time where those nice, normal boys go out of their way to do all sorts of things to impress you and show you how much they really, really like you!!!

But I get the message...I'll stop with the badgering:-)

[For a while, at least]

A said...

Oh, please! You're allowed to pester me all you want! I just thought an explanation for my non-action was in order. (Once I maybe figured it out for myself.)

Sabrina said...

The fact that you recognize that love/romance is not rational and that you're allowed to make mistakes is a sign that you are doing the right thing - regardless of what that is. Do what you have to do!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio