Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A little less vague this time

What happened was that I wanted to be a crazy girl because The Coach is far, far, far away (as opposed to the majority of the year, when he is just far way) and I thought that it was only logical that he fill my inbox with the details of his overseas trip/tournament even though I TOLD HIM NOT TO DO THAT.

I was like "hey, go on your trip and coach your heart out and don't worry about updating me. It's okay. I know you'll be busy. And I will see you when you're home and you can tell me about it in person and that will be the beeeeeeeeeeest."

And then I go and have a few freaky anxiety dreams and immediately turn into the crazy girl who I do not want to be.

But when you're in Crazy Girl Spiral Mode it's really hard to get out of that crazy girl spiral.

I don't feel like I go Crazy Girl too often, but when I do, these things help: food, distracting work crises, friends, reading the perfect sentence at the perfect time, David Beckham, vague blogging and perspective.

So, my apologies for the vague blogging but trust that it played a large role in finding my sanity before I hacked into his email, tattooed his name on my forearm and called his mother to tell her that her oldest son was breaking my heart.  

...because he wasn't. Breaking my heart, I mean. He was following directions.

My directions.

4 comments:

Gloriason said...

Can I tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog? So what are you buying The Coach for Christmas? And keep blogging, you have many people rooting for you!

A said...

Can I tell you how much I enjoy your comments? Very sweet. Thank you so much!

Lifting What? said...

In my life, I have only said that to someone when deep inside I knew that they probably wouldn't be in touch. So I would say to them "Don't worry about updating me, just enjoy your weekend" and then they didn't....and my attempt to protect myself failed either way.

A said...

Get what you're saying. I'm not going to get into all of the details of where he was, what he was doing, the relative big deal that the appointment was, etc. but he gets a pass on this one for good reason and, apart from a day or two, I got plenty of updates.

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio