Thursday, November 07, 2013

Staggered

I met Lucy and her babies for lunch this afternoon.

I arrived just before they did, narrowly beating out the lunch rush and getting us a table in the corner.

And it occurred to me, as Baby A barreled through the restaurant and right at my lap (where he sat until our phở arrived), that perhaps this situation is the best situation.

That as much as my jealousy stings at times, watching Lucy and her sweet boys, this may be ideal.

I get to love and spoil Lucy's little guys without distraction. Because Lucy and I aren't on the same track -- or, perhaps, we're just traveling at rapidly different speeds -- her boys don't have to share my lap with one or two of my own. They get me all to themselves. I get them all to myself.

How fortunate that they were both born when I wasn't too busy and too bogged down with my own life. When, frankly, I didn't have a lot going on in my own life so that I could be a big part of theirs. 

Sometimes, too often, I look at those two and all I can see is what I don't have.

But what I do have is really very special.   

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio