Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Around the Corner

I was stopped at the light a block away from work yesterday -- yesterday, which was an epic and hard-fought win at the office for reasons that I will not bore you with listing -- and I watched the cars turning left in front of me.

And there was Colin.

My first reaction was to be a little bit shocked that Colin, pathetic Colin, was up and functioning at 8:30 am on a Monday.

My second reaction was to laugh.

Colin. What a loser.

I don't believe I've mentioned this: Colin's house is just around the corner from my building. If he wanted to walk here, he could walk here. If I went on a very easy jog, I would cruise past his house after a few minutes.

And yet I don't have to worry about running into him, as this place of knowledge and learning is not a place he would ever turn up.

It would be more likely to have a chance encounter at a bar in Orlando. (And I haven't been to Orlando in 15 years.)

Working just around the corner from Colin's house does not bother me.

But it does amuse me.

His tax dollars pay a portion of my salary.

Assuming he pays his taxes.  

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio