Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pressure

I am in sinus hell, you guys.

I don't look or sound all that miserable, which I can appreciate because I have to deal with the public and it's always nice to not appear like a walking flu bomb. And I feel absolutely fine other than the sinus headache that took up residence in my head and neck FIVE DAYS AGO and will not go away.

Miserable.

How am I supposed to prepare* for a half-marathon feeling like this? Get any work done? Make progress on the book I started over the weekend? Blog about my life's minutia? Obsessively worry about things that are out of my control? Paint my nails?

I am just not.

I am getting through this week on the bare minimum. I haven't done anything with my hair other than pull it up. I went to hockey last night and stood there for an hour. I asked my dad to sell my Tigers/Red Sox tickets for Thursday night. Making the 20 minute trip downtown to pick up my race packet seems as arduous as navigating the Oregon Trail. 

The one thing that I don't find difficult is being on the verge of tears. Which is cool. I would have a hard time identifying something that didn't make me want to cry this week. This includes: the number of emails in my inbox, a meeting I'm attending on Friday, whether or not to go to the baseball game on Thursday, the interviews The Coach did yesterday, all commercials, booking a hotel room for Brazil, getting to hold Baby L for a few hours on Monday night and under cooking a batch of hard boiled eggs. 
 
It's hard being such a pathetic mess.

Nearly as hard as it would be to suck it up and shut up. I imagine. I've never gone that route. 


*By prepare I mean set out my outfit and finalize my playlist.  

1 comments:

Vicki said...

Hopefully it goes away soon! I always find I end up getting nasty bacterial sinus infections around this time of year b/c of the weather changing. Hopefully you don't have that, if so you should definitely see the doctor to get some antibiotics. Otherwise, I definitely suggest picking up some Advil Cold and Sinus plus...that stuff is a life-saver!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio