Friday, October 25, 2013

Flying Tastebuds

If anything that I've ever blogged has given you the impression that I subsist on quinoa, kale and coconut water, I apologize. I enjoy more than enough of the Whole Foods fare but my true heart beats for melted cheese in enormous quantities and the heavenly coupledom of peanut butter and chocolate.

Junk food tastes good, you guys.

When I finished my half-marathon last Sunday, my stomach turned on me. Nothing tastes quite right. I am impatiently waiting for it to pass and, in the meantime, I'm just eating whatever I feel like eating. Which, half of the time, isn't anything. And the other half of the time is a random combination of junk.

Don't take this the wrong way. I am not a preachy eater.

But if I've learned anything this week, it's that eating junk food just makes you want to eat more junk food.

And since I'm granting myself a pass (a pass that should probably expire after a week), the food situation around here has gotten really weird. Like, one post-hockey trip to Taco Bell weird. More apple dumplings than I care to admit weird. Boxed macaroni and cheese (which I don't even like) weird. Realization that Trader Joe's did have anything junky enough to satisfy me weird. A dinner of buttered popcorn and sushi weird.*

I gave myself the go-ahead to eat whatever sounds good because it is better than starving. I have been diligent in quickly obtaining whatever random crap I am craving. And none of it even tastes good. (Not even my go-to Liz-is-traveling Indian cuisine). Nothing tastes good.

I think that maybe I was running so quickly that my taste buds flew right out of me. It's the only logical solution.






*I would like to make it known that sushi was my attempt at pushing myself back towards my normal eating habits. I'm pretty sure it didn't work. 

3 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

You are OBVIOUSLY pregnant.

A said...

bwahahaha. If I'm pregnant, I'm more than a little pregnant and also clueless and also should be featured on one of those "I Didn't Know I Was Knocked Up" shows. Wheee! Fun!

Kari said...

Maybe it was the cold/flu you had? I have had my taste buds act a little crazy after a sinus cold. Try having something that is highly scented (that you like) around when you eat. For me it was peppermint tea...

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio