Friday, October 11, 2013

Deep Breath

I won't claim to have this new job figured out.
 
But I've figured out what I need to do if I am going to stay here and be effective and not burn out within a few years.
 
I need to breathe.
 
I need to go to the gym at lunch.
 
I need to sneak off to the beach and get sand in the folds of my dress because it is sunny outside and Lucy's there with the babies and a cup of coffee.
 

I need to take quiet lunches on the deck at Mom and Dad's house.

 
I need chill nights on the couch. Nights with yoga pants. Nights where I bounce my attention between the soccer game playing on the television and The Coach's game playing on my laptop.
 


If I'm going to do this, if I am going to have a job that's high in stress and responsibility, if I'm going to get anything done and if I'm going to be proud of what I accomplish: I need to breathe.

And spend significant time getting perspective via cute babies.

And wear yoga pants. Frequently.

But mostly I need to breathe.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio