Sunday, October 13, 2013

Birthday!

Yesterday, I celebrated my birthday with my extended family. We ate a lot and watched football (no need to talk about how the UM game turned out, thankyouvery much) and also had cake and pie.
 
So now I'm officially done celebrating my 31st birthday.
 
And now I will be obnoxious and tell you about a few of my favorite birthday gifts.
 
Aunt Louise and Uncle Ed got me a Maya Brenner initial necklace. I am totally in love with it and paranoid that I am going to break it.
 

Mine has an A and it is lovely.


Boots! Necessary.

The Urban Decay Naked 2 pallette. I get a lot of use out of the original, so. Makes sense.


Meg bought me funky running shoes because she's always trying to help me be a little cooler. (Tough job.)


And my mother picked out this dress for me. Books! I thought it was a little too kitchy at first but, really, even if it is too kitchy I must own it anyway.


That's what the print looks like (on someone else) up close.

It's a little cheesy. I don't know if I can wear it to work. Except that I have to wear it to work. (Bonus: I could not care less about what anyone I interact with at work thinks of what I wear.)

With my new boots and new makeup and new necklace but probably minus the running shoes.

3 comments:

Accidentally Me said...

I commented on this yesterday! I swear!!! (Also, Happy Birthday!)

I think I kinda like the dress..? Definitely kitschy, but it's also cute. And it was nice of the model to wear your boots in the picture, no? If the print is too much, a scarf or a jacket would go well and kinda de-emphasize the print, too.

Readyandfading said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I LOVE the dress! It is so cute and I would love to wear it. Swag! Also, the Naked Palette has been my eye goto for the last 2 years, I am beyond obsessed and I am even out of 2 colors completely because I use it so much. I am going to check out the other ones to see if I can make another eye makeup lifetime commitment! It has made packing makeup for trips TONS easier, too.

LLandL said...

EEEEE happy happy! I LOVE those gifts, especially the dress. I'll probably do some investigating to see if I can acquire it for myself. Cheers to 31 being your best year yet!

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio